You came, you saw, you bought. You dipped candles, enjoyed delicious food, turned jump ropes, watched puppet plays, and made wreaths. And for that, we wholeheartedly say thank you!
You made our annual Holiday Fair & Craft Bazaar a huge success, and we hope that you enjoyed yourself. It’s our favorite time of year. Although it takes a lot of hard work to transform our entire school into a winter wonderland – every year the weekend before Thanksgiving – it is truly worth it!
Each year our parent and teacher volunteers go above and beyond, and this year was certainly no exception. To really show you how much goes on behind the scenes to make sure the Fair goes off without a hitch we thought we’d show you in numbers:
- Over 80 Volunteers
- More than 200 volunteer hours
- Cut 6,000 recycled woolen squares
- Made 1,000 gifts for the Children’s Shopping Room by hand and with love
- Shopped and browsed at 34 vendor booths
- Hung 500 feet of pine garland
- Gathered 300 pine cones for decoration
- Sold 200+ dinners on Friday night
- Spread 8 pounds of butter, onto…
- …150 rolls, generously donated by Le Bus Baker
Special thanks to our Holiday Fair Committee and it’s incredible chair, Maggie Davis, who made sure every volunteer hour was filled and every slice of bread was sold. Save the date for Friday, November 21 and Saturday, November 22, 2014. We cannot wait to see you next year.
*Did you miss out on the Fair this year or forget to go back to one of our vendors before they closed? That’s ok. There’s still time to shop with style and your conscience at Ali’s Wagon in the Fairmount neighborhood of Philly. From now until December 24 you receive 5% off and Ali’s Wagon will give 5% of the sale to The Waldorf School of Philadelphia. What a great reason to shop there for the holidays.